Ducati has a big range of accessories for the Scrambler. You can find out all about it here. The ones I added to mine (for now) are :
- Belly pan, to protect some vitals when going off-road
- Heated grips, remarkably integrated on the Scrambler with no separate switches and three settings; they work very well.
- Fly-screen, tiny but again remarkably effective; makes high speeds much more bearable.
- Grill for headlight, I like the look…
- Handlebar bag, always useful…
There is more to come.
It was, to be honest, a difficult choice. I like all the versions of the 800. I ended up choosing the Red Icon because :
- It was the cheapest and I have a lot of stuff I want to customise on the bike so it makes sense to not spend too much up front
- I love the Ducati red. Beautiful iconic color (pun intended) that does remind me that this bike is a Ducati.
- I didn’t want wire wheels (although they’re better off-road). The cast wheels run tubeless tires which are both safer and easier to repair in case of puncture.
Next post I will start detailing the accessories that I fitted.