Check out this video of a young man about to attempt the world record of the youngest person to circumnavigate the globe by motorcycle. The weapon of choice : a Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled ! I wish him all the very best and have donated to his charity (Movember, a great choice). He will be setting off from the Bike Shed soon and you can follow his adventure on 35000miles.com.
Ducati has a big range of accessories for the Scrambler. You can find out all about it here. The ones I added to mine (for now) are :
- Belly pan, to protect some vitals when going off-road
- Heated grips, remarkably integrated on the Scrambler with no separate switches and three settings; they work very well.
- Fly-screen, tiny but again remarkably effective; makes high speeds much more bearable.
- Grill for headlight, I like the look…
- Handlebar bag, always useful…
There is more to come.